Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shards of Glass

 
I realize it has been an extremely long time since I last posted. Once upon a time, I wrote poetry. Not good poetry mind you but cleansing poetry. It was my outlet. It was the only way I knew at times to express myself. It has been over 25 years since I last wrote a poem. Now is as good a time as any to begin again. So without further ado, I bring you Broken Glass.

My heart is weak, my path is lost
Nowhere to turn, I’ve paid the cost
The emptiness consumes me now
No way out, I don’t know how
Like broken pieces on the floor
The shards cut deep down to the core
No hands reach out to guide me home
No one but me, I’m all alone

Standing on the edge of a precipice
Thoughts invade through the crevices
They come and go with no reprieve
Lies mixed with truth in effort to deceive
Do I step back to the safety of distance
Or do I lean forward offering no resistance
Will hands reach out to guide me home?
Or will I remain lost and all alone

Beauty gone, like fragments of hope
Swirls of memories in a kaleidoscope
Perception clouds, no truth remains
Illusion captures like a prisoner in chains
The past comes to haunt with its lies and schemes
Shackled to the floor amongst soundless screams
Realizing now, I will never find home
No one to save me, I’m a prisoner alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment